Sat, Aug 22|
Dancemakers of Atlanta
Mini/Junior Ballet Intensive
This intensive will last for August 22-23. Only 2020-21 Mini and Junior Company Members.
Time & Location
Aug 22, 2020, 12:00 PM
Dancemakers of Atlanta, 2282 Cascade Rd, Atlanta, GA 30311, United States
This intensive will last for August 22-23.
Only 2020-21 Mini and Junior Company Members.
Minis Saturday, August 22nd - Sunday, August 23rd - 12:00 - 2:30 pm
Juniors Saturday, August 22nd - Sunday, August 23rd - 3:00 - 5:30 pm
Things to Know:
1. All students must be dressed in proper dance attire. Tights are required for the ballet classes, but they can be replaced for other classes with proper dance shorts or leggings.
2. Students are not allowed to leave the studio for any reason. We will not allow students to purchase lunches from neighboring businesses.
3. All students should leave their games and computer gadgets at home since such items are often misplaced or broken. Dancemakers of Atlanta will not be responsible for replacing broken or lost items.
4. Students should bring shoes required for their classes according to the schedule.
- “Stagger arrival and drop-off times or locations by cohort (group) or put in place other protocols to limit contact between cohorts and with other campers’ guardians as much as possible.” (CDC.gov)
- Parents dropping off and picking up campers must remain in their vehicles.
- Upon arrival, students will create a socially distanced line outside of the facility to be allowed entry. Only 3-4 students will be allowed in line at one period of time. A staff member will be outside to maintain the order of the students upon arrival.
- Upon entry, the student will be serviced with a hands-free temperature check. No one with fever, cough, other symptoms will be allowed to enter. If their temperature is healthy and the student does not meet any other COVID-19 symptoms, they will be provided with hand sanitizer and directed to the next checkpoint to put down their belongings before entering the studio.
- If a student appears to have symptoms and their parent has already left the studio, the parent will be contacted and the student will be placed in a room in solidarity to await the parent’s arrival for pickup.
- Upon arrival at the next checkpoint, the students will wait to be admitted into the respective studio and will place their belongings in a designated spot before reporting directly to their respective studio for class.
Social Distancing for Students according to State of Georgia guidelines
- “encouraging regular handwashing and hygiene”: Signage will be posted throughout the studio and will be communicated to students to thoroughly clean bathroom touch spots (including but not limited to toilet, (especially flush handle), handicap bar, bathroom door lock, bathroom door handle, and sink) as well as thoroughly washing hands for at least 20 seconds.
- “keeping students separated to minimize exposure”: All students will be encouraged to maintain a 6 feet apart distance from other students as much as possible. We will also maintain distance between personal belongings as well as cleaning items upon arrival and departure.
- “Extensive cleaning and sanitizing of summer camp facilities will also take place, and there will be sanitizing stations through parks and facilities for proper use. Parents should remain in their vehicles for drop-off and pickup to minimize contact, and the city is requesting that parents limit the number of personal items brought to children's summer camps.”: All bathrooms will be cleaned regularly and thoroughly before, during, and after occupancy of students. Only one student will be permitted at a time in the bathroom. The door will be closed to signify occupancy. No one may enter until the occupant is gone.
- “If possible, require day campers to bring their own lunch and snacks in sealed, labeled bags”: No food will be allowed inside of the studio. Only personal water bottles will be allowed. Our vending machines and water fountain will be taped off from use by any attendee.
Alternative Attendance Measures
- If a student shows signs of a fever, cough, or other COVID-19 symptoms or the parent has requested virtual attendance, we will provide a Zoom link in which the student may log on and take the class virtually. We will provide more details as we get closer to the event.
- All students will remain in the classroom when it is time for pickup. We will have designated marks or cones in the parking lot for the parent to stop. An employee will come to the car and ask for the student’s name. We will then notify an employee inside to send the student to get their bags and report promptly outside for pickup.
- We expect parents to arrive promptly for pickup when then classes are dismissed. Please arrive a minimum of 5-10 minutes earlier than your dancer’s class dismissal.
- For our students that provide their own transportation, we will dismiss them 1-2 people at a time to minimize crowding in the lobby. All other procedures will apply to them upon departure each day.
Mini Company In-Person
Junior Company In-Person