Teen/Senior Summer Intensive
Time & Location
About the Event
This intensive will last for June 14-18. Each day during the intensive, Dancers will have classes from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Things to Know:
1. All students must be dressed in proper dance attire. Tights are required for the ballet classes, but they can be replaced for other classes with proper dance shorts or leggings. We suggest all dancers wear something that fits their body.
2. Students are not allowed to leave the studio for any reason. We will not allow students to purchase lunches from neighboring businesses. Students should bring their lunch with non-perishable items since there will be no refrigerator. Students will wear a mask for classes and can remove the mask only at lunchtime. We will have space for social distancing during lunch breaks. No food will be allowed inside the studios. Only personal water bottles will be allowed. Other drinks must be stored inside dance bags or lunch boxes.
3. All students should leave their games and computer gadgets at home since such items are often misplaced or broken. Dancemakers of Atlanta will not be responsible for replacing broken or lost items. Please include your dancer's name in all of their items.
4. Students should bring shoes required for their classes according to the schedule. Dancers should wear the proper shoes for each technique class (i.e. Ballet shoes for Ballet, jazz shoes for Jazz, and tennis shoes for hip hop).
5. If a student is currently not a part of the DMA family, please reach out via our contact page before registering.
- Upon arrival, students will create a socially distanced line outside of the facility to be allowed entry. Only 3-4 students will be allowed in line at one period of time. A staff member will be outside to maintain the order of the students upon arrival.
- Upon entry, the student will be serviced with a hands-free temperature check. No one with fever, cough, other symptoms will be allowed to enter. If their temperature is healthy and the student does not meet any other COVID-19 symptoms, they will be provided with hand sanitizer and directed to the next checkpoint to put down their belongings before entering the studio.
- If a student appears to have symptoms and their parent has already left the studio, the parent will be contacted and the student will be placed in a room in solidarity to await the parent’s arrival for pickup.
- Upon arrival at the next checkpoint, the students will wait to be admitted into the respective studio and will place their belongings in a designated spot before reporting directly to their respective studio for class.
Alternative Attendance Measures
- If a student shows signs of a fever, cough, or other COVID-19 symptoms or the parent has requested virtual attendance due to sickness, we will provide a Zoom link in which the student may log on and take the class virtually. We will provide more details as we get closer to the event.
- All students will remain in the classroom when it is time for pickup. We will then notify an employee inside to send the student to get their bags and report promptly outside for pickup as parents arrive.
- We expect parents to arrive promptly for pickup when then classes are dismissed. Please arrive a minimum of 5-10 minutes earlier than your dancer’s class dismissal.
- For our students that provide their own transportation, we will dismiss them 1-2 people at a time to minimize crowding in the lobby. All other procedures will apply to them upon departure each day.
- Senior: In-Person$400$4000$0
- Teen: In-Person$400$4000$0